Write your Congressmen

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Not Good for Anyone's Health

Think about government. I have a rule about it: When government can fix a pothole in the street in front of my house within a few days time, I'll consider it successful. But everyone knows this just ain't so. From the time they get my call, it takes weeks to months for them to plan, then fund, shoveling $15 worth of material into the hole. And it ends up costing thousands. I could do it myself in 5 minutes.

Now imagine a government-controlled health care system. That's what you'll get under Obama. Rather than expanding and then allowing poor people direct access to the U.S. Public Health Service, they're all about insurance for the uninsured, on the backs of the middle class. Wow, what a perk for the insurance lobby! Socialized medicine, American style.

Don't say I didn't tell you so.

www.baltimoreexaminer.com >> Opinion: "Congress would create a new infrastructure for federal regulation of the delivery of medical care for large segments of the American population. The result: A down payment for federal control of health care delivery, combined with an explosion of special-interest lobbying by provider groups."

No comments: