Write your Congressmen

Monday, October 27, 2008

A career Journalist Hangs Head in Shame

ABC News: Media's Presidential Bias and Decline:
"The traditional media are playing a very, very dangerous game -- with their readers, with the Constitution and with their own fates.

The sheer bias in the print and television coverage of this election campaign is not just bewildering, but appalling. And over the last few months I've found myself slowly moving from shaking my head at the obvious one-sided reporting, to actually shouting at the screen of my television and my laptop computer.

But worst of all, for the last couple weeks, I've begun -- for the first time in my adult life -- to be embarrassed to admit what I do for a living. A few days ago, when asked by a new acquaintance what I did for a living, I replied that I was 'a writer,' because I couldn't bring myself to admit to a stranger that I'm a journalist."

No comments: