Write your Congressmen

Thursday, August 28, 2008

China-style Censorship in the US

Recently, I was looking for information on E-Verify, the US's attempt to be certain that newly hired people are in the country legally. I typed into the Google search box "obama e-verify vote". Several responses came up, but one caught my eye: Why is the Senate blocking the E-Verify vote ? - Yahoo! Answers .

When I clicked on the link, I found that the topic had been deleted.

Now, I'm not a paranoid, conspiracy theory kind of guy, but this looks fishy to me. Considering that A) Illegals are a huge problem in the US business sector, 2) the Senate is majority Democrat, and C) Obama, a US Senator, may have voted on that bill (actually, he didn't because the senator from NJ, Menendez, blocked it from coming to the floor, ostensibly so that Obama would not have to go on record concerning illegal immigration one way or t'nother). Shouldn't we have access to the answer? Not through Yahoo, you won't.

Shades of China censorship, this is.

No comments: