Write your Congressmen

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Protesting the Maryland Sales Tax Increase with my Wallet

The dust hasn't settled on this yet, but I'm madder'n a wet hen over the mere thought of raising taxes in Maryland. Mostly, I'm angry because no one in the capital listened to the voters.

As a protest, I plan to make as few purchases in-state as possible. I will be doing all of my Christmas shopping online, and plan to buy anything else that I need online, outside of Maryland and with companies that do not charge MD tax. I hope others will do the same. Remember, MD is a small state, and trips to PA and DE are not all that long.

If you're making purchases for computers and electronics, I highly recommend Newegg.com. They offer excellent prices, and very fast processing and shipping. In some cases, I've had my purchase within 24 hours. And, they are reasonable about returns.

Let's see how they like that in Annapolis.

No comments: